Hello everyone, its been so long since I was able to update the blog. I have attempted so many times but never get to finish uploading or writing. This is a little update of our crazy lives.
The past 2 months have been very trying on us. The girls have had a total of 6 ear infections, 2 cases of strep, 5 colds and numerous fevers. I have never had my kids so sick this often. If Haley comes home sick, 2 days later Leah is sick and then poor Macie gets sick on default. It's been very rough. Thankfully, I have only caught whatever bug 1 time and not full force. I am waiting though. Dave has gotten sick 1 time as well.
Haley is doing really good in kindergarten. We had her first conference last month and her teacher said she was a breath of fresh air. Haley is quiet in class and got to pick who she got to sit by. She of course picked her friend Kennady. They became really good friends over the summer and continue to be great friends now in kindergarten. Haley scored very high on the Ohio reading test. She missed 1 point out of 30. I have never been so proud of her. She is excelling so well in school and now reading short books to us. It's amazing. I told her by her 6 birthday she would be reading and I was right. She turned 6 on October 8th. We had a family party and then the next day she had her very first friend party. She had a varitey of girls come a few from preschool, 2 from kindergarten, and a few friends of mine daughters. We had such a good time. Each girl was dressed up as a princess. This year Haley is taking 4 dance classes. Tap, jazz, ballet and gymnastics. She is so excited her friend Aylssa is now in her class. I worked with her mom at the bank so I am even more excited I can see Carissa every week for adult convo! She is loving dance so much still. She practices at home and then tries to teach her daddy. It's so cute. She is the biggest help with the littles ones. I feel like some days she is so grown up b/c of how she looks after he sisters or helps me with Macie. She is an amazing little girl. I am so proud of her.
Leah is almost 3 now. She started school at Fairhaven last month. She is in the early intervention and goes 2 days a week for 5 1/2 hours. It was a very big adjustment for me. I never sent any of my kids to daycare or anything at this age. So, to leave her for this amount of time is very hard with strangers practically. I haven't posted this but in June Leah was diagnosed on the autism spectrum. It was a very heartbreaking thing for Dave and I to hear. We knew things were quite right with her and this was our worst fear. She has come a long way though in the past few months. She is now talking. She was barely saying any words at all. She is now repeating things she hears and can say almost everything...when she wants to. Her social skills are still lacking a lot. She will interact with our family and certains outside but most of the time not wanting to be around anyone. Her school is now helping her with this. She is in the 2 year old classroom that has no non social kids present a the time. Her teacher is amazing, her OT and Speech Therapist our fabulous. I can not express how happy I am with this school so far. I am even happier that Leah gets to stay there until June in her classroom and then move to preschool in September there. She will go through some evaluations to make sure she is still qualified but on speech alone we know she will. We have also been experiencing major sleep issues again with her. She will sleep 5 hours at night then be up for 2-3 hours. It is disrupting our entire household. Her neurological doctor told us to try melatonia. It worked for the first week but seems to now be working now. We are at loss what to do and our walking zombies most days. It's been very difficult, but I love her. I wouldn't change her for the world. I can see progress everyday with her but very very little. She tries our patience to the max but makes us laugh like we haven't laughed before. It's going to be a very long road with her and we are not sure what we are up against. That is the scary thing. NOT KNOWING...
Macie is such a sunshine to my day. She is a wonderful baby. It's amazing how we knew life without her. She is now 7 months. She was 28 1/2 inches and 18 lbs 12 oz's at her 6 month appt. She is now on all soilds foods and has loved everything. I just gave her banana puffs for the first time yesterday (11/11/11) She was a little weirded out by them lol. She loves her daddy and grandma. Everytime she seems them huge smiles and wiggly to get to them. She just cut her first tooth last sunday. It's taking it's good old time to come in. She is now sitting up to. It's probably her favorite thing to do now. She loves to be a big baby and playn with her toys on the floor. She love playing with Haley. They laugh so much together. She watches Leah and almost yells at her to look at her. She got mad at her the other day for taking a puzzle piece she was holding. I think Leah will have a run for her money whenever Macie is mobile. She isn't gonna take any crap lol. We are also watching Macie very closely and doing monthly evaluations on her to make sure she is hitting her goals. I am terrified that Macie going to be like Leah. Right now she is off the charts with her goals, but so was Leah. Only time will tell but I am hoping and praying that she is okay. We love her so much and she is such a good baby.
Well that is our little update..I will try to post some random pictures soon.








No comments:
Post a Comment